The thing with babies is they are too pitiful when they are not feeling well, considering that they cannot exactly tell their mothers the reasons. As for the parents, it can be quite stressful to keep guessing what causes the discomforts. This is why it is best to just make sure your newborn is well taken care of, especially its skin since it is still quite vulnerable.
How can you take good care of your baby’s skin? Here are some good tips:
- We all know that babies should be exposed to the healthy rays of the sun at some point. However, you should also limit the time as this can cause adverse effects. The thing is, sunscreens are not advisable for newborns, because of the possible harmful effects. Thus, might as well protect him in a different way.
- Yes, as much as possible, you should minimize the use of sunscreen. However, if you really want to use it, you can first ask your doctor or you can buy sunscreens from baby stores Malaysia. Their products are designed for babies and they are made from high-quality ingredients. You can also have the products checked by your doctor before using them on your baby, just to make sure
- There will be times when you need to apply moisturizer to your baby’s skin. However, this is only if you notice that it has very dry skin. Yes, you should know though that it is normal for a baby to have patches of dry skin. It will just go away after some time.
- While regular baths are needed for your baby, there is really no need to do it every day. When bathing the baby though, you need to follow the best practice. You can check out some video tutorials if this is the first time you do it. One thing you need to watch out though is to make sure your baby is always attended to. There should be no moment that it is left alone.
- When bathing your baby, you need to limit it to about 5 to 10 minutes. This way it won’t get some adverse effects like colds and so on. After all, your baby is still quite vulnerable.
- In the event that you notice cradle cap, you should not be alarmed right away. This is common, though you need to apply a small amount of ointment and if by chance it will not improve after some time, that is when you will need to see a doctor.
- And lastly, you should watch for the first nail growths. You see, even if they are thin and seem harmless, you need to consider the fact that your baby’s skin is still quite vulnerable and will be easily scratched.
Actually, it is not hard to take care of your baby as most of the time, it will just come naturally for mothers. As long as you will be careful, everything should be just fine.